Sunday, August 05, 2007

I hope...


I hope my friend that is expecting her 3rd child goes into labor ASAP.

I hope that Thing 2 realizes that the odds of me finding a birthday cake that features both Pooh Bear and a giant monster on it are slim to none.

I hope that my fear of driving over large bridges doesn't get any worse.

I hope that ND crushes BC this year, since my sister just gave my dad tix for that game as his birthday present.

I hope that Thing 1 always dances with the fervor that he demonstrated last night.

I hope my aunt's cancer has gone away.

I hope that my hairdresser doesn't actually carry out her threat to make me bald the next time she cuts my hair.

I hope this insomnia I've been suffering from as of late goes away.

I hope Nurse Hottie's tires and wheels come in soon...and that he's able to keep his promise to stop obsessing about "his mistress" (for at least a few weeks - I am realistic!).

I hope Nurse Hottie and I still look at each other after 40 yrs together the way my parents looked at each other last night.

Note for those who don't know me - yes, that's me slow dancing with Thing 1. My parents are dancing to the left of me - I could have cropped it but I wanted to keep the picture with them in there as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute picture!

pomegranate seed said...

that is the cutest photo - and i love your parents in the background. i share that wish of yours, to in 40 years still share the look of love with my husband... thanks for sharing your hopes...

Anonymous said...

am i your only friend that was expecting a 3rd? (how shall i identify myself?... hmmm, former member of a killer triple?)if so, your hoping worked :) thanks for thinking of me. the picture of you guys dancing is precious. one of my hopes, that those 40 years don't fly by too fast.