Wednesday, August 08, 2007

8 Things About Me...

So this seems to be a popular thing to do on blogs - write 8 random things about yourself. Then you tag someone else and they do the same. Given that I only have about 3 readers that have their own blogs, I'm going to forego the tagging part. I will, without further ado, now share 8 random things about moi...

1. Both Thing 1 and Thing 2 were born at 5:19 (one in the am and one in the pm). They were also both 8 pounds 1 ounce. I have no clue as to how long they were since they didn't bother being the same length - really that was too much info for me to retain.

2. I love football. LOVE it. I participate in a gambling pool each year (which is totally illegal - but I'm sure the Feds have better things to do with their time) with myself, Lambette, and 20 plus other guys. Either Lambette or I always kick ass and I know it bugs the shit out of these guys to lose to a woman.

3. I feel guilty about charging my clients for my services. I know that's foolish but I just feel like they shouldn't have to pay for something that is so inherently easy for me. Then again, if it was easy for them they'd do it themselves...but still.

4. I have a totally functional family. I'm one of five children, we all support one another (we have out little spats for sure, but nothing major), my parents kick ass and are incredibly loving and helpful. I seriously hit the lottery when it came to my family.

5. I love to dance. I can't hear music without dancing to it.

6. When I was a kid I wanted to go be a whale trainer at Seaworld. I still think that would be a fantastic job.

7. My maid of honor had to tell me lines from Wayans Brother movies before I walked down the aisle to settle me down. I just got really emotional and looked her in the face and said "make me laugh now!". So she starts spouting out lines. So one of wedding day memories is now her yelling "I hate black pepper!" at me.

8. I watch reality tv. I'm a total whore too - I'll try any show once. Right now I'm ADDICTED to Big Brother. And I'm ashamed to admit I'm watching that Rock of Love show with Bret Michaels (every rose has it's thorn...). It's basically him dating a bunch of strippers and groupies. I think Bret's next stint will be Celebrity Fit Club - and if it is I'm sure I'll be watching!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really weird that they were both born at 5:19.

I like reality tv too although I don't get to watch it that often. My sister was slightly obsessed with some guy named Nick on Big Brother though. I got to hear about him all the time, but I guess he got kicked off?

For the Love... said...

All of mine were born on a Monday-

So glad I found your blog-nice to know another woman that likes football---My husband got me hooked on fantasy football 2 years ago and we just love it.

Thanks for coming by today!

pomegranate seed said...

hmmm. i've never heard of the 8 random things to list on blogs... but fun to read about - that is pretty crazy about your kids both being the same exact weight and born at the same time - another type of biological clock. i don't know if i could come up with 8 random things, but i guess the randomness makes it easier. by the way, i love reading your blog :) all the way here across the pacific ocean, where it's a different day... kind of like late night conversations in the triple...

steph! said...

The "same time" thing is weird. I almost didn't believe it myself until I got the birth certificates...

Dawn - Nick is gone, but I wasn't a big fan of his. Too pretty boy for me. The shit is hitting the fan on that show this week which makes it interesting. It is definitely a guilty pleasure!

for the love - I'll be back again!

ps - I owe you an email - just crazy busy these days. I am so happy that you followed your heart! More to come in an email...and hello - I would expect that you of all people could come up with 8 random things!

Anonymous said...

Did you play 519? You could win money lady!

Lambette said...

Let's get this bloggie started!!

Where are you - you are missing everywhere, even online. I miss you.

Odds of one child being born at 5:19 - .001% (or 1 divided by 720 instances (60 x 12 hours), odd of two children being born at 5:19 is .001% x .001% or .00000002% - yes I got an A+ in statistics in college, I'm just that geeky. Those are pretty incredible odds. Almost as low as the odds that I will get up and clean my house today, but not as high as the odds that I will be watching something on TV tonight that I should not.

Cool topic - what's with the meme?