Friday, August 03, 2007

Weekly Rant - An Eye for an Eye

There are a lot of people out there who do horrible things. I know that - I hate it - but I know that. I worked as a volunteer mentor for 2 years in a juvenile prison back in VA. I learned firsthand that there are criminals, and there are CRIMINALS. Some people do horrible things because they simply don't know any better. Their personal life experience has shown them that crime pays, so they committed crimes. I'm not saying they were correct, but I can see how they went down the path they went down. Then there are other people who are, for lack of a better description, just mean. They enjoy hurting others. Those were the young men who scared me.

I find myself swaying from time to time back and forth on the death penalty issue, and it's primarily due to my experience in the juvenile facility. However, there is one crime that I think deserves the death penalty. And that is when someone murders a child. Specifically when perpetrated by the parent of that child.

So I propose the following - if you kill your child, you will be killed. In exactly the same manner that you murdered your offspring. If you drown the child, you shall be drowned. Beat them to death, we beat your ass to death, if you starved them, we starve you, etc. etc.

I was discussing this topic with one of my sisters and she felt that my method didn't work well if someone poisoned their child. After all, that possibly wasn't a very painful way to die...

Therefore I propose that if you poison your child, we will put you and jail and poison you. Except we won't tell you when. That way you can be terrified at every meal. Like you deserve to be.

3 comments:

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Sounds perfectly logical to me! :)

I simply cannot imagine someone being able to do that to any child....much less, their own!

For the Love... said...

Poison can be a very painful death....I think that you should add "auto-death" to persons who rape children.

steph! said...

Child rapers definitely deserve a special space on the punishable by death list...the mere fact that other prisoners hate them speaks volumes.