Sunday, May 06, 2007

Drug Addict I am Not...

So I did wake up from surgery after all...

But when I woke up, the thing that hurt the most was this stinging sensation inside my nose. Morphine didn't touch it (yep, I tried that in recovery). So once I could stand, pee, and walk, they pretty much threw me in a wheelchair and sent me on my way. With that horrible stinging sensation. So I'm complaining about it, and Nurse Hottie says:

"well, that's the cocaine."

Say again?

"liquid cocaine is used all the time in the nose - it helps cauterize the wound and stop the bleeding. but it does sting."

So not only have I experienced my first time being "put under", I've also used cocaine. And given that burning sensation, I'm not likely to use it ever again. And while I'm at it, why in the hell do people try take Vicodin pills to get high? I've taken those pills twice now for pain and they did was put me to sleep. There was nothing euphoric about it. Yet people actually go to great lengths to get prescribed this stuff (or oxycontin, or any other hydrocodone derivative) so they can get "high". Of course I know this through Nurse Hottie's life in the ER. In case you are interested, what you do is go to the ER and complain that either your tooth or back is hurting you (do not use stomach - they send you for all sorts of tests when you complain about your stomach - what are you, a novice at this getting drugs stuff?). Then you tell the doctor that you're allergic to ibuprofin, and aspirin, which forces them to issue you a narcotic prescription (if they've fallen for your ruse). And there's the hitch. Some doctors, afraid to get sued in case there is a problem, give you the script and send you on your way. Others literally tell you to get the hell out of there.

Anywho, I'm alive and well. Hopefully you are too.

2 comments:

Lawyer Mama said...

Liquid cocaine? Good to know. Hope that stinging goes away soon. Ouch!

Gunfighter said...

Glad you're better, Steph!

Thanks for the visit... come by anytime.

GF