Friday, January 19, 2007

My Idol is a Gray Betty


Finally, American Idol is back. I have to say I prefer the competition part of the show more than the auditions. My favorite so far is the sixteen year old whose father was an NFL player. However, since we are in the audition phase...how can I refrain from commenting on the contestant in the above picture - am I the only person who instantly thought of the saggy boobs teacher from South Park??? (I have googled and discovered that character’s name is “Ms. Chokesondick” – obviously mature humor is not my strongpoint). I started out the day feeling badly about everything on my body that is sagging after having kids, saw this chick, and now feel like Cindy Crawford circa 1990.

I’m so over Gray’s Anatomy. Seriously. I'm tired of the backstage spats (and quite frankly, at this point all I’m waiting to hear is that the big old Mexican chick kicked Isaiah Washington’s ass after he referred to her as Burrito Butt), and the fact that every woman on the show (except for aforementioned Burrito Butt and Addison) all desperately need to start eating something. Anything. Personally, I think Isaiah is angry and getting in fights with all his castmates because he drew the short straw and got stuck having to make out with the show’s resident ugly girl. Don’t bother telling me I’m wrong – you all know she’s ugly too. I suppose the feminist within should be happy that network television is finally allowing homely girls a shot. After all, for years we've watched the networks cast beautiful women with ugly men that in the real world they wouldn't be caught dead with (unless they had Trump money. Trump money trumps ugliness - haha).

Something else that annoys me about Gray’s Anatomy - and I know I am probably going to get yelled at for this, but honestly, Patrick Dempsey is no McSteamy. McCutie, maybe. McGettingoldergracefully, okay. But McSteamy??? Never have, and never will get that. Especially when I recently heard that Rob Lowe was originally up for that part – now he would have been McSteamy. And I do like me some McDreamy. Who, ironically, also slept with Burrito Butt on the show – which, again – in the real world would never have happened. By far, the thing I truly detest about the show is its "star" - Meredith – UGH! Between having the world’s most annoying voice and constantly having that stupid “deer in the headlights” look on her face, I can’t stand her. The actress, the character, the whole thing. Someone get her a voice coach and a donut.

So, what am I watching? On New Year’s I found myself caught up in an Ugly Betty marathon, a show I deliberately avoided when it debuted, and I am now have to admit it is actually a really well done show. I don’t know that I would start watching mid-season – I think to get the essence of it you need to start from the beginning as there has been a lot of character development already. It is hysterical though. So if you’re not watching it, consider grabbing it on Netflix when season one comes out.

4 comments:

Lambette said...

I think her Idol audition number represents the latitude of her mammaries . . .

Anonymous said...

You've got McDreamy and McSteamy mixed up. Patrick Dempsey is McDreamy and the asshole is McSteamy. (Remember the shower exit scene?) By the way, McSteamy has inspired me to request some growth by my husband. I still like the show.

Anonymous said...

Beard growth, that is!!!!

steph! said...

I did totally reverse those, didn't I?

And I'm glad you clarified that growth comment - I was a bit concerned for a moment there! I can totally see your husband with a beard...did you have to promise to call him McHottie to get him to do it?