Saturday, January 27, 2007

My Second Marriage

Recent conversation with my mother:

BDE (best daughter ever, that's me): So, are you going to be okay tomorrow...
BME (you can figure it out): You mean because it's grandma's birthday?
BDE: Yes.
BME: Well, it's also Tony's birthday. So it is a day to celebrate. Oh, and it's also your sister's fake anniversary too.
BDE: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Or is it their real anniversary?
BME: I have no clue. You kids make everything so difficult.
BDE: Not me! I've only been married once. It's all of YOU that are so weird.

So, for all my non-sibling readers, I guess I should explain this one. Everyone in my immediate family is on their second marriage. My grandparents, my parents, my older sister and my younger sister. But here's the catch - none of them have ever been divorced. Confused yet? This is just the tip of the weirdness iceberg that is my family. See, they all married the same person twice. My parents went the old fashioned route and married in the church, then renewed their vows on New Year's Eve in 1999. My grandparents and my two sisters went the justice of the peace route and then decided to walk down the church aisle. One of my sisters, who is PROLLY going to be mad at me for disclosing this, got married and didn't tell my parents until after her church wedding. So nurse Hottie and I are unique since we've only been married once. I'm nervous to ask him if he wants to get married again as he might say no. Or stipulate that his truck be the best man.

No comments: