Monday, November 06, 2006

International Drunk Dialing

My lovely sister and her husband have been touring Paris the past few days and are heading to Rome tomorrow (and I am insanely jealous. I've been to Paris but not Rome). She worked approximately 6 months during the past two year period, so she felt she deserved a vacation. I was over at my parents house this weekend, and my mom tells me to go listen to her answering machine messages. Why? I ask. "Just go listen!" My mom gets irritated with me easily. Can't imagine why.

Beep - Hey Mom, it's BKD, we've arrived, we're at a hotel with a great view of the Eiffel Tower (blah blah blah - that message is too boring type in)

Beep - Bonjour. Yo Mom....Are you there? Mooooooooommmmmmmm?????? Well, it's us. We're sitting on a balcony, drinking Champagne. Are you there? Why aren't you ever there? It's expensive to call internationally, ya know. Oh Mom? Mom? Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu? Bonjour from Paris. We're having a really, really, really good time. The champagne is good. Bonjour. I mean Adios. Or Au Revoir. Whatever. Bye.

Tonight I was talking to my mom. Well, she says, I finally talked to Kelly tonight. And? I ask. My mother sighs. She was drunk again - wine this time though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Howcome I don't get international drunk dials??? I feel so left out! But thats WICKED funny! I like the part about her working for 6 months and deserving a vaca! That's BKDH for ya! :) Talk to Adam HPD tonight...we might go out tonight later too...I'll let you know!

Anonymous said...

OK first of all, I'm always working on my craft now- so technically I'm always "working"- not easy the life of the working actor.

2nd- OK the Champagne in Paris we weren't drunk- we actually only had a little bottle- but heck when you call home and NO ONE IS HOME for the 4th time it gets a little annoying. We thought they had flown the coup for slotland.

The time when I actually did talk to them, yes maybe I was a little tipsy- but we had just drank a bottle of South African wine, hand picked for us by Henrico Bernardo The World Champion in Wine Tasting 2004. Plus it was 1 am and we wanted to let someone know we would be flying to Roma in a few hours.

Anyway Don't hate, participate. Put in your 6, and book your tix. Have a great bottle of wine, and you will find. From Paris or Rome, you can drunk dial home!

Anonymous said...

Apparently the Maneater doesn't need to be in Paris to Drunk dial.... I got one last night on the eve of Fried Turkey at 2 am(but she didn't leave a message)- stop giving her booze til I get there.....