Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New ND Recruitment Poster



Do we look good or what?

I have officially been appointed alumni-student contact person for our new local area ND Club. So I will be reaching out into the local high schools and making very clear the evils of BC and how ND is a way, WAAAAY, better school to attend. I give you our new recruiting poster as Exhibit A. I'd like to think of us as the new four horsemen (or horsewomen, depending on how PC you are).

Now, I should confess how I got this appointment. See, I would describe the average club member as Nursing Home-esque. In fact, at the original meeting, one member was telling the group about how his dad was an alumni too. Not so unusual, except his dad graduated in 1922...

So, since I was frequently mistaken as "so and so's granddaughter" at the meeting, and I also was a "real live, female graduate of the University", it become obvious that I'd better step up and volunteer for this job. Otherwise the local ND rep visiting the high schools would likely be wearing Depends.

But, in true Steph! fashion, I didn't actually know what I was signing up for. Until about a week ago when I started receiving mysterious phone calls and emails asking about the status of the student send-off. I don't know, beats me, was my first response. Until it was pointed out that apparently this is one of my tasks in this new role.

As a result I must now end this post so I can go and start contacting the students about the upcoming sendoff. Which will be held at my house. In two weeks. Which leaves me minimal time to get these posters ready.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaarrrrgh! I thought all copies of that poster had been burned! There goes my shot at being president. :)

Good luck w/ the new position! I think you'll be great at it. I do some of that stuff w/ the club here and it's actually a lot of fun. Although it will make you feel old very quickly. :)

Anonymous said...

Busy woman!!! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I like the poster - cute! And you are. . .2nd from the left?

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I love the poster! I see you suffer from the same "volunteering" disease that I do! Unfortunately, I find myself often being volunteered without my knowledge! :)

Good luck on the plans!

steph! said...

Dr. Friendly - you do of course realize that there are far, far, more incriminating pics out there of you to deter any presidential run? Plus the old "status board"...FYI - Oakley sent me the poster. She's the one you need to bribe if you ever get serious about politics :)

For those who have not met me, I am actually the smoking hot chick on the right (well, at least that's my face...)

Anonymous said...

cool. . .you are smoking hot!

pomegranate seed said...

oh wow. now there's something that i also thought had been burned... but hey, we look good. something i'm sure along with this poster you are creating a survivor's handbook with all sorts real tips that they don't tell you in orientation like: 1. parietals or how to get discounts at hojo... 2. sobriety: how to sneak past a security guard... fun things like that!