Thursday, June 21, 2007

I can't think of a title for this one...

We've been trying for 6 or 7 months to get Nurse Hottie's vasectomy scheduled. I can't even begin to explain the ridiculousness of why it hasn't happened other than to say that a)referrals suck and b)having your company change your insurance mid-year sucks big time and c)having your doctor leave her practice after giving you a referral that is no longer valid b/c your insurance has changed truly sucks.

Phew.

So I got sick of this and called my ob-gyn's office on Monday and basically said this: exactly how invasive is the tubal ligation...

My doctor just called me back to chat with me about it and so we've scheduled it. For next week. Gulp. Ironically enough, today is Thing 1's birthday. So I've made the decision, for real, for good, not to have any more kids on his birthday. I don't know how I feel about this. Actually I do, it's just hard to say. I would love to have a 3rd child. What I don't want is a 3rd baby. If someone could drop off a 2-yr old right now I'd take him. But an infant? I just don't want to go there again. And I really don't want Nurse Hottie having a 20 yr old when he's 58, and I really don't want to have to cut back on my business because I'm caring for a newborn, and then there's the fact that we gave up all the "baby equipment" a few years ago, and - well - you get the picture. All of my reasons for not having another baby are fairly selfish. Which seems wrong.

I've talked about this before, on my blog and in person with my friends. I've achieved a level of comfort with myself on this issue...but having the actual appt scheduled is churning up the feelings again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you on not wanting to do the whole baby thing again. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

Titless is right.
Phew.

Happy Birthday to your baby!!!

And I send you swiftly tied tubes of glee...

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Wow...it looks like I wrote tit-less...But I really meant title-less...

steph! said...

okay Janet, I needed that laugh! that's the best typo I've seen in a long time...

Anonymous said...

Nurse Hottie here: Just wanted to publicly say thank you to my wife for going through this ordeal. BTW, she forgot one reason why I haven't gotten the bullets taken out of the gun, I missed my appointments a few times. I am truly blessed to have a wonderful wife who picks up the slack where I leave off. (believe me, she has her hands full). I love you and thank you Steph, not just for this but for all you do for me and Thing 1 and Thing 2.