Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Usually I try to encourage an ND reunion this time of year, but since the majority of the "usual suspects" were either knocked up or finding love Internationally, I didn't bother. Instead I met up with Conna and KYGirl down in Orlando, courtesy of Conna's American Express card (yep, her husband is paying that bill). Monetary revenge...something I know a little bit about ;)

Here's what I learned during the trip:

a) It's best to let the desk clerk attend to his sober guests first.
b) Mixing 1/2 can strawberry, 1/2 can peach and 1/2 can rum makes a kick ass daiquiri.
c) Do not ride the Hulk roller coaster after imbibing an alcoholic beverage (this one comes courtesy of Conna)
d) Use sunscreen.
e) Ethnically I am now to be known as "Half Potpourri". Perhaps someday I'll be able to better explain my Cape Verdean heritage, but for now this explanation seems to make the most sense to the average white girl.
f) Caesar, a valet at the Polynesian resort, will check out your boobs.
g) Caesar will also be the only person in the general Orlando area able to give decent directions, so honestly the whole boob checking out thing is a completely worthwhile price to pay.
h) I kick serious ass when it comes to shooting space aliens (see picture below - yeah, I know it's small, I'm still learning how to scan - someday maybe I'll even learn how to text - I'm such a technological loser)
i) When accessing the fingerpring activated lockers at Universal, press your thumb lightly. Otherwise you will end up with a long line of pissed off sweaty tourists behind you.
j) The song "Overkill" by Men at Work stays in your head for days once you've heard it.
k) Three days away from my kids makes me appreciate them, and Nurse Hottie, a whole lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you three had a great time! Hope the reunion's back on next year---I will do my best to not be knocked up again next year. ;)