Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Love, exciting and new!

Hmm, can you tell I'm in the mood to go on a cruise? I'm lobbying to make it a big family celebration for my dad's 60th birthday this year. One major problem with that - he has no desire to go on a cruise. Everyone else in the family wants to go though...and really it might be a treat for him if we all just went away on his birthday and left him here to play golf. I think I'm going to suggest it.

Kind of a random day. The slushy mix that was on the ground when we woke up is now gone due to the rain. My kids are totally confused by this winter - we haven't had any snow at all to speak of yet. Many people would say that this is due to global warming. I have a Republican husband though who thinks global warming is just in Al Gore's head. Now, if McCain or one of the other "good guys" had produced the documentary I'm sure he would change his tune. Or if somehow increasing your engine torque could benefit the environment, he'd be joining the Sierra Club.

In honor of St. V day, I shall now stop making fun of my beloved. Because, for all the things little things he does which irritate the living crap out of me, he does always make me feel special on Valentine's Day. Last night (because if he'd waited until today it would have been 9 pm before we had quiet time) he gave me my gifts. Nothing big or extravagant (uhh, he covered that at Christmas), just small things that I'd either mentioned or he knew I'd appreciate. This thoughtfulness is one of his greatest qualities.

What is really cool about this particular V day is that since they are now in school, the boys had to get Valentines for their classmates. Of course we did Spongebob valentines complete with candy krabby patties. It was a lot of fun writing them all out and getting them ready for their party - and as they get older I get more excited about these mini-holidays. Having kids allows you to be a kid again. Which, when your as childish as I am, is pretty damn cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the boys give thier teachers any Valentine's? And what did you give Nurse Hottie for V-day? I had a snow day and called you but I got no response :( I sent Papa a card but don't know if he got it or not.
Love-SISTA ND

steph! said...

why, are teachers important? I thought they made enough money that they didn't need any gifts from the students. I know this one teacher who has enough money to have a summer home near the beach! Except her nephews got into it and trashed it. Sad story, but true.

Anonymous said...

How come I don't know about the cruise??? As long as we have stops at golf courses I think Dad would go for it.

BTW if you are planning a cruise- avoid August 17-19th since that is Big A's family reunion. And Yes we are going.

Anonymous said...

You'd better have an Idol update on here next time I check. And you'd better give props to those 3 ladies who blew the house down, Stephanie, Melinda & LaKisha!!! Dang they were killin the other girls!

Anonymous said...

Lakisha was the bomb!!! Her personality makes her want to root for her even more than her voice. Props to the big mamma!

- Lambette