Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Here Come the Irish!!!



I’ve been wanting to share the experience of a Notre Dame game with Tony for many, many years now and finally got the chance. It was an amazing weekend!!! Kolbs and Mark were there, Annie Oakley – my forever partner in crime, was there, and Csizbooty and Mr. Giggles (oh yeah, that nickname isn’t going anywhere!) were there. Of course, lots of memories were discussed. I’m not sure I should pick a favorite, but having the old “I’m not a Ho, I’m just friendly” quote make an appearance was a source of great amusement for me.

Our seats were in the far endzone (great view of touchdown Jesus). Unfortunately that meant we were right next to the UCLA students and band. Apparently UCLA allows strippers to moonlight as cheerleaders. I know I saw a couple of dollar bills floating down in their direction…maybe their routines were meant to be raise tuition money. If that’s the case they are probably very, very successful.

But I digress, back to the game. Basically the Irish offense looked like complete crap the entire time. Defense saved us from getting too far behind, and came up with a critical three and out stop with just over a minute to go. Then, like a flashback to the early 90’s, we won the game with a last minute touchdown. THAT was thrilling. The coolest part for me was sharing it with Tony. The memory of the smile on his face and the two of us jumping up and down celebrating after that touchdown will stay with me for a long, long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, y'all look great and I wish I coulda been there...I was busy doing wheelies at the ATV safety course...and NO, I wasn't supposed to be doing them...call me, we'll chat

steph! said...

Fortunately for me I know the KY stands for your home state - others might be frightened by your name...

We missed you this weekend - and of course talked about you. Specifically an incident where you stole my date...

I'll talk to you soon :)