Friday, May 25, 2007

Wonder what the Underroos would look like?

This afternoon, after a long day with Thing One and Two driving me absolutely freakin' insane, I decided to stop and take a moment to love them. I was hoping that if we just stopped and all hugged each other perhaps an ounce of patience would find it's way back to me. So I said "Hugs and Kisses" and grabbed Thing Two. Went after Thing One who -

Turned his rear to me, simulated farting noises, and shouted "I'm Buttman!".

Great.

This, of course, got Thing Two started, which led to some sort of bizarre fart noise making competition. I think Thing One won when he accompanied the noise with "I'm using my special buttpower".

Where does this come from? What innate sense tells 3 and 4 year olds that farting, butts, and the word Poop are incredibly hilarious AND have the benefit of embarassing mommy if we're out in public? It's not just my kids either. I checked with Oakley awhile back (whose boys are 4 months and 2 months older than mine) and she confirmed that her boys also liked using the word 'poop' to make themselves laugh. My kids seem to have taken it to the next level by creating a superhero for the cause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that your Thing One and my Thing Two are actaully the same person, cause that sounds exactly like something that he would do. No only does he make the sound effects, but he will actually come and put his butt up against you when he has to fart for real....and you know about the mooning story. I just have no idea where he learned that stuff!

steph! said...

I personally am blaming our husbands. They are either doing demos for the boys while we're not looking, or this is just a "boy thing" in which case we still get to blame our husbands for the Y in our XY children.