Sunday, April 08, 2007

Tattoo You

For some unknown reason Nurse Hottie and I have both been thinking of getting tattoos.

Now, before you get all hyped up into either "Oh, I love tattoos" or "Oh, it's so trashy" mode, wait just a second. We haven't actually gotten them, nor do I think I'll actually go through with it. First and foremost, I am a complete wuss, and as I understand it getting a tattoo can be quite painful. So let's face it, chances of me actually getting one - rather slim.

As for Nurse Hottie - well, I have no problem at all if he wants to get one on his arm - I don't think it's skanky, or trashy, I actually think it would be pretty cool. Dependent upon one rather large factor - what it is. And that is truly the reason for today's post.

If you know him, you know he is an extremely obsessive person (think about the truck). Which means that he's probably spent 100 hrs online in the last 10 days looking at tattoo pictures. This is what happens at night in the ER. People are dying, and my husband is online trying to find a picture of his family crest to see if it would make a good tattoo. For the record, I officially vetoed the family crest tattoo (it was really not that cool). And I found myself a bit hurt - hey, it he's permanently marking his body, shouldn't it have something to do with me? Or Thing One and Two? Or the glory of marriage to me? Or perhaps a reminder to him to close cabinet and closet doors (sorry - pet peeve of mine).

So last night I started giving him ideas for tattoos - things that he loves and have meaning to him...

A Quarter Pounder with Cheese and a Large Fry (because they are responsible for the extra 15 pounds he's been carrying around the past 6 months) alternate tattoo - the golden arches - cheaper, and easier to render.

The Lyrics to any Air Supply Song (this would have to be done on his chest). Okay, I wouldn't say he loves Air Supply - this one is for me. Only because an air supply song came on while we were discussing this, and I realized that it would pretty much guarantee that he could never be unfaithful, since any woman who would see this would think that he was gay. Downside - the gay male nurses he works with would be hitting on him. Wait - I think that might be an upside - at least it would amuse the hell out of me.

A Picture of Me...naked. There is no upside to this one - it was his suggestion. See what I'm dealing with???

And of course, last but certainly not least, a picture of his truck.

Suggestions anyone?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Get 'em they're great....

Thanks for visiting me too...You'll have to come back..I plan on posting pix of my tattoos soon...

Now, I'm gonna go read s'more of your posts...

steph! said...

Post the pictures please! Part of my reservation is that I want something that looks "right" - I think it's much harder for women to pull off tattoos than it is for guys.

Lambette said...

For You - http://www.thehumorarchives.com/joke/Lawn_mower_tattoo

For Tony -
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/153868

Lambette said...

Didn't all come thru - the end of that is Lawn_mower_tattoo

Anonymous said...

Sista, I say you get a tattoo of Touchdown Jesus! That way you cover all of your bases: ND, Jesus and football all in one simple, yet tasteful tattoo!!! LOL

I think the Nurse should get a giant needle on his arm- that would really scare the patients, plus it could be a guide for them. "No Mam, the needle I'm gonna give you is just a little bigger than the one tattooed on my arm...And Yes it's gonna hurt!"

steph! said...

touchdown jesus??? uh, I was hoping for something a bit smaller than that...

have i told you how much nurse hottie enjoys using a larger needle for the "drug seekers" that come in...he seriously enjoys hurting those people. currently he's looking at celtic stuff (as in Irish, not as in the b-ball team).

lambette - those are very, very wrong...which is why I enjoyed them so!

pomegranate seed said...

uh, well, they are harder to pull off as women perhaps, but you're talking to your old triple roommate who has one that took freaking 8 hours and three sessions... and i have to say, i think it looks pretty darn good... *and* i'm afraid of needles... you saw it right? (if not, let me know i can dig up photos) go for something meaningful, but no matter how committed, the tattoos of/for someone tend to creep me out a bit... have you ever seen tori spelling's husband's tattoo of her face? it creeps me out... i'll email you a link...

Gunfighter said...

I have two tattoos... and I love them both!

Tell NH to take his time about what he wants... and once he decides, he needs to do the research about that artist.

If he decides to get a custom tattoo, he should get a rough idea of what it should look like, and find an artist that will do a good drawing for him... and will work with him with any necessary tweaking.

Let us know how it went!

GF