Saturday, September 23, 2006

Why start now?

Good question. Things are not so happy in our world these days as my grandmother is very ill and fading before our eyes. It's always so strange to me - going through the day and interacting with people at school, or the bank, or even in line at the grocery store while on the inside I'm filled with this massive sadness that literally feels like a weight on my heart. Sometimes I look around at people and wonder what's going on in their world - what heartache or joy are they experiencing that the rest of the world can't see?

So sadness...sadness for others that are going through pain (the Steve Irwin death is still killing me as well), sadness for myself and my family...

Why start now? that was the question...The answer is that I've been meaning to find a better way to share pictures, thoughts and stories with my family and friends who don't live closeby. My younger sibs suggest a myspace page - but let's face it, I'm over 30 and neither single nor swinging - and therefore I don't see that as the place to be. So I googled blogs, and this is what I found and where I'm at. Any questions? Too bad, because I don't feel like answering any.

Note - future posts will likely be happier and include explanations of why my kids have "ghetto backpacks".

No comments: